IBPS RRB CWE 2013 is announced and the second edition of this examination for recruitment of Group A officers and Group B Office Assistant will be conducted by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection. The IBPS RRB 2013 will be tentatively held towards the month of September and October and this upcoming Common Written Examination (CWE RRB II) is be held for 62 numbers of participating Regional Rural Banks located all over the country. For all those candidates who are new to this examination, be informed that it is only a qualifying test and merely qualifying in it will not guarantee placement of the candidate in any of the listed participating banks. To be more precise, each RRBs will independently announce recruitment opportunity for the IBPS RRB 2013 qualified candidates subject to available vacancies and ultimate recruitment will be held as per rules of the RRBs concerned.
The tentative schedule of all the various activities that has been mentioned in the official notification published with regards to the above test can be found listed in the table below.
|Payment of Application Fee||Online||04-07-2013 to 25-07-2013|
|Offline||06-07-2013 to 30-07-2013|
|Online Examination |
|Office Assistant |
|Declaration of Results||05-11-2013|
IBPS RRB CWE 2013 Eligibility Criteria (Educational Qualification)
- Office Assistant (Multipurpose): To be eligible for this category, the applicants must ensure that they possess a degree (any discipline) from a recognized University and also be proficient in the local language of the State/UT from where they wishes to apply. There is no requirement in terms of experience but it is desirable that the candidate possess knowledge of computer skills.
- Officer Scale-I: This post also requires similar educational qualifications as mentioned above for the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) category. However, those candidates who have their degrees in Agriculture, Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Engineering, Accountancy, Agricultural Marketing and Co-orporation, Economics, Forestry, Information Technology, Law, Management, Pisciculture and Veterinary Science will be given preference over other candidates.
- Officer Scale II: This category for General Banking Officers requires the same qualification as mentioned for the post of Officer Scale-I except that the degree must be obtained with minimum 50% marks in aggregate. Moreover, applicants must possess two years experience as an officer in a bank or financial institution in order to meet the prescribed eligibility criteria.
- Officer Scale II: This category for Specialist Officer requires the following qualifications:-
- IT Officer: All the intending candidates for this category must possess a degree in the disciplines of either Electronics, Communication, IT, Computer Science or equivalent with minimum 50% marks to be eligible. It is desirable that the candidates possess one year experience and a certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc.
- Law Officer: The candidate must possess a Law degree or equivalent from a recognized university with 50% minimum aggregate marks.
- Treasury Manager: The candidates who are willing to apply for this category must be a Certified Associateship (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants in India or possess MBA (Finance) from any recognized University and 1 year experience.
- Marketing Officer: This category requires an MBA degree in Marketing.
- Agricultural Officer: The educational qualification prescribed for this category is to have a degree in Agriculture/Animal Husbandry, Agricultural Engg./Dairy/Forestry/Pisciculture or Veterinary Science from a recognized University or equivalent with 50% aggregate marks. Experience of 2 years is also essential for the post of Agricultural Officer.
- Officer Scale-III: The criteria prescribed for this category is to have a degree in any discipline. However, those who have their degrees or diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engg., Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy will be given preference. It also requires a minimum experience of around 5 years as Officer in a Bank or financial Institution to be eligible.
|Name of the post||Age Limit (as on 01/07/2013)|
|Lower Age Limit||Upper Age Limit|
|Officer Scale III||21 years||40 years|
|Officer Scale II||32 years|
|Officer Scale I||18 years||28 years|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)|
IBPS RRB CWE 2013 Online Examination & Syllabus
The Common Written Examination by IBPS RRB 2013 will be conducted as online test in English/Hindi medium and there will be 200 questions carrying equal number of marks. The candidates will get 150 minutes to answer all the questions which are classified under 5 different test subjects. The details in this regard can be seen from the notification document attached herewith. There will be penalty for wrong answers and 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer. However if you choose not to answer a question, then it will not be taken into account as deduction due to penalty.
As this is an online test, several venues has been listed as examination centres located all over the country. This list can be seen under Annexure I of the attached notification.
IBPS RRB CWE 2013 - How to apply & download challan
Candidates interested to apply for the above common written exam may submit online application form. Here, we would like to point out that you may apply for both officers post and office assistant post but you cannot apply for more than one post of Scale I, II & III in Officers cadre.
For the Officers cadre, a fee amounting to Rs.100/- needs to be paid by SC/ST/PWD candidates while all others have to pay Rs.600/- only. Similarly, for the post of Office Assistant the fee applicable is Rs.100/- for SC/ST/PWD & EXSM and Rs.600/- for all other candidates. In addition, the candidates must also pay the applicable bank transaction charges for offline/online payment.
The mode of payment of fee is available as both online and offline and candidates may choose any one of them as per their convenience. For online payment, applicants may use their Credit/Debit cards or Internet banking service to pay the requisite fees. On successful payment, a e-receipt will be generated which must be printed and kept carefully. For candidates opting for offline payment mode, there is a provision to download a system generated IBPS RRB Challan which can be used to deposit the fee in any of the 7 public sector banks such as UBI, CBI, PNB, BOB, BOI, BOM & IOB.
For all other details, you are advised to follow the links given below:-
- Official Website
- Online Application Form (Group A Officers
- Online Application Form (Office Assistants)