The Office of Chief Postmaster General of the Assam Circle has announced the direct recruitment drive for the post of Postal Assistants, Sorting Assistants and Postal Assistants in Mail Motor Service and Postal Assistant SBCO vide this advertisement No.Staff/13- 18/2011 dated 11-08-2012 from Guwahati. There are a total of 109 vacancies available across 13 Divisions or Units and the total number of posts are accordingly distributed as per the reservations which are detailed below in the following table. It includes the details of vacancies for this Assam Post Office Job 2012.
|Guwahati Division, Guwahati||0||2||2||07||1||0||0|
|Cachar, Division, Silchar||0||2||2||09||0||1||0|
|Goalpara Division, Dhubri||0||1||2||05||0||0||0|
|Darrang Division, Tezpur||0||0||1||04||0||0||0|
|Nalbari-Barpeta Division, Nalbari||0||1||1||04||0||0||0|
|Dibrugarh Division, Dibrugarh||0||0||1||04||0||0||0|
|Tinsukia Division, Tinsukia||0||0||2||06||0||0||0|
|Sivasagar Division, Jorhat||2||1||1||04||0||0||0|
|Nagaon Division, Nagaon||0||1||2||04||0||0||0|
|Mail Motor Service||0||0||0||02||0||0||0|
|RMS "GH" Division||2||1||3||10||0||0||0|
|RMS "S" Division||1||1||4||09||0||0||0|
The number of vacancies are tentative and may vary or change without any intimation. The scale of pay as admissible for the above recruitment in Post Offices of Assam Circle is Rs.5200-20,200/- at a Grade Pay amounting to Rs.2400/- per month. The selected candidates on appointment will also be able to avail all other allowances as admissible by rules. You may apply to the above vacancies on fulfillment of the following eligibility criteria as prescribed for this Direct Recruitment by Department of Posts.
Eligibility Criteria for Postal Assistants and Sorting Assistants
- Age Limit: The candidate should belong to the age group of 18-27 years as on the closing date of receiving application from the applicants in India. This means that the closing date should not be treated as the date prescribed for some far-flung areas and states. Relaxation in age can be availed by SC/ST category by 5 years, OBC candidates by 3 years whereas the upper age limit as prescribed for all the Government Servants is 40 years as per Govt Rules.
- Educational Qualifications: The applicant must be passed in 10+2 level or 12th Standard to be eligible for applying to this direct recruitment in Department of Posts, Assam Circle. In addition, the applicant should be having English as compulsory subject in 12th class and must also have studied the local language of the state or Hindi in the matriculation exam. The minimum percentage marks as prescribed for the qualifying examination of the eligibility criteria is 60% aggregate marks for OC category, 55% for OBC and 45% for SC/ST category.
Application Procedure for Assam Post Office Recruitment August 2012
- How to apply: In order to apply, the interested candidates should visit the various Post Offices (HO/SO) within the Assam Circle and obtain the Application Form and Information Brochure by paying Rs.50/- for the same. The application forms can be obtained on any working day between 11-08-2012 to 25-09-2012. The applicant must fill-up the application form as per the instructions provided in the Information Brochure and should sent the form along with original receipt of fee payment by Speed Post or Registered Post only to the address "Direct Recruitment Cell, New Delhi HO, New Delhi-110001". The last date for receipt of application is 1st October 2012 for all the applicants in India except few far flung areas such as Northeastern States, Ladakh (J&K), Lahaul/Sipti & Pangi (Himachal Pradesh), Andaman & Nicobar Islands and Lakshadweep where the last date of receiving application is extended upto 11th October 2012 (Thursday).
- Fee Payment: An examination fee amounting to Rs.200/- only is to paid for applying to the above recruitment. This is a non-refundable fee which is to be paid by all applicants except those belonging to SC/ST/PH/Female category in the concerned Post offices of the respective Circle against which they will obtain an ACG-67/UCR Receipt. This fee payment receipt (in original) should be enclosed along with the application form while applying to the above.
- General Instructions: The applicants need not enclose any other documents while applying to this Recruitment of Postal Assistants, Sorting Assistants, PA (Mail Motor Services & SBCO) in Assam. It must also be noted here that the interested candidates should apply for the above job vacancies only by using Original OMR Application Form as made available by the Recruitment Agency and no xerox copies of the same should be used for the purpose. As admit cards will be dispatched by Post, the applicants have to therefore enclose a window envelope with Rs.5/- postage stamp affixed on it along with the OMR Application Form and Fee Receipt.
Selection Procedure, Examination Pattern and SyllabusAs part of the selection process, an Aptitude Test (Paper I) carrying 100 marks consisting of 4 parts i.e. Part A/B/C/D (each carrying 25 marks) will be conducted on the subject matters of General Knowledge, Mathematics, English and Reasoning & Analytical Ability. This will be followed by Paper II which relates to a Computer/Typing Test. This typewriting test on computer keyboard along with Data Entry will be conducted for 30 minutes. The candidates has to fulfill the target of typing atleast 450 English Words or 375 Hindi Words with a minimum speed of 30/25 wpm. Selection will be made as per the the aggregate marks scored on the Aptitude Test which is subject to qualifying in Paper II.
All other details can be found from the Information Brochure which is provided with the Application Form. You may apply for only one post for the above Post Office Job in Assam as per the notification which also states that the applicant should mention the division for which he/she is intending to apply and should accordingly also indicate the preference of examination centre for that division.
Note: There may also be different advertisement notifications issued for other states regarding the Direct Recruitment for the post of Postal Assistants in Post Offices of India. This particular job article provides information regarding the vacancies available in Assam Circle only.
The following are the relevant links for the above Post Office Recruitment in Assam.