Brahmaputra Board Guwahati has issued two vacancy notification regarding recruitment of candidates for various posts on deputation as well as direct recruitment in Assam. Being announced on the same day by the board, the two advertisement has been merged together in this article for informing all the interested candidates about the job details and application procedures. The first advertisement includes the post of Under Secretary (Establishment) in Ministerial cadre, Section Officer (Secretariat) & Stenographer Gr-I. On the other hand, the second vacancy notice was issued with regards to the recruitment of Junior Engineer (Civil) and Junior Accountant. Let us now have a look at the general overview of the important job details for each of the available posts. This can be seen from the information listed in the following table:-
|Name of the post||Vacancies||Salary Structure|
|Pay Band||Scale||Grade Pay|
|Under Secretary (Establishment)||01||3||15,600-39,100||6,600|
|Sectional Officer (Secretariat)||01||2||9,300 - 34,800||4,600|
|Stenographer Grade I||05||2||~ do ~||4,200|
|Junior Engineer (Civil)||09||2||~ do ~||~ do ~|
|Junior Accountant||02||2||5,200- 20,200||2,800|
In case of the number of posts as mentioned above, it must be noted that they are tentative and may be increased. You may apply to any of these posts on fulfillment of the prescribed eligibility criteria mentioned for each of the post comprising of basically age limit, educational qualifications, experience and some other terms. These requirements are discussed below under its respective headings.
- Under Secretary (Establishment): This post is available on deputation and requires graduates who have been holding regular analogous post under PSU, any department of Central/State government, autonomous bodies, Union Territory Administrations or state electricity boards. In addition, candidates having eight years of experience as Section Officer in a specific CDA scale as mentioned in the advertisement or 24 years including LDC are also eligible
- Section Officer (Secretariat): Candidates who have been holding the position of Superintendent Gr.I as analogous for atleast 3 years on regular basis can apply to this post.
- Stenographer Gr-I: To be offered on deputation, this post also requires candidates serving continuously as Stenographer Gr.II for 3 years or Stenographer Gr.III for 10 years.
- Junior Engineer (Civil): Any candidate having a Diploma in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification are eligible to apply subject to fulfillment of all other criteria.
- Junior Accountant: This job position is available for candidates having degree in either Arts, Science or Commerce, MBA, Master of Business Management or equivalent. Applicants having CA, MBA or B.Com qualifications will be able to avail preference during selection.
The details mentioned above as part of eligibility are only an overview and the detailed requirements for the same can be seen from the official advertisement as attached below. For the post of Under Secretary (Establishment) in Ministerial Cadre and Section Officer (Secretariat), the period of deputation will be one year initially with provision for further extension based on various factors. Stenographer Gr-I will be appointed for 3 years on deputation and is also extendable. Interested candidates can apply for any of the above posts by sending their applications along with 4 copies of the prescribed bio-data proforma as provided by the Brahmaputra Board. The last date as mentioned in the notification is 45 days from the date of publication of the advertisement. Refer to Advertisement No. BB/3375/10/Pt-I/13 and No. BB/3375/10/Pt-I/14 dated 5th June 2012 (attached below) for further details.
The official notifications and related links can be accessed from the links given below:-